Monday, January 30, 2012

the four seasons

This year I decided to do mini Christmas recitals. Mini meaning that only 8-10 students perform. I had four wonderful nights of these performances held at the Four Seasons Assisted Living Home here in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho. I really enjoyed these nights. They were simple, under 40 minutes, great oppourtunity to serve and the cute elderly people just as always warmed my heart. A few highlights I will always remember is Taylor (I'll miss you ! ) singing "Oh Come All Ye Faithful" in Latin, my piano families singing as part of an impromtu choir, all my students performing so well and a sweet lady joining us as we sang her favorite Christmas carol, "O Holy Night" She ended up doing the singing as she had this beautiful soprano voice that just cheerfully lit up the room. I think I have the best job in the world. I get to bring the joy of music into peoples lives daily. How awesome is that? Here are a few pictures from that evening:

My piano students and families singing Christmas carols for the sweet residents
A few of my amazing students, Steven & Cambrie

No comments:

Post a Comment